Sunday, June 28, 2009

The road to Xavier's

Well finally my worries have been put to rest. On 26th June, I officially became a member of the Xaverian family, a proud student of St. Xavier's college. The road to here was a long one, I had to first pass an admission test with tough GK questions and write essays and articles on given topics.

Then once my name was on the interview list, I had to give an interview where two teachers prodded my interests, my professional and my personal life. After that my name finally appeared in the list of elites who would gain admission.

Think it's the end of the road............
Think again



On the 25th I went to Xavier's. There I stood in a line until I collected my form after procuring a dozen documents. Then I filled it up with black ink. After that lay the real test, I had to get my forms verified by the vice principal. The line to his room was around 10 metres long. And anyone going in wasn't coming out before 15 minutes.
So began a gruelling 3 hour wait, made even worse with show off parents who spoke in English even with their children, for a 3 minute meeting with the VP, and all he said was "Welcome to St. Xaviers"

Then I went to the Dean's ffice and got my roll number and subject combination, and after that my fees book. It was too late to pay the fees anyway.

So I came back the next day, and had to stand again for 1.5 hrs to pay the fees, after which i got my ID card stamped and the admission process was complete.

So after those hours of torture, I was happy, and I returned home with my backpain that I developed from standing too much.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks truth and lies,

    Well for this post, I was only going to say congratulations, and that you should get used to those long queues in India. It's not for nothing that people complain so much about the population problem, yet do nothing, rather don't stop doing a certain thing, to tackle it!

    Some parents could actually be quite used to speaking with their kids in English (I speak with my parents absolutely, only in my mother tongue--Gujarati), more so if the father and mother would of different language. But I trust your judgement when you say that some did that only for show off, 'cuz there are many who actually do that. The only thing I'm trying to say, is, in anything in life, try not to generalize. 'cuz every individual and the circumstances that shape their personality are different. Yes, you've to form your instant impressions of people, but when you know that the 'data is insufficien', always be prepared to alter your impression as soon as new data arrives. :)

    All the best!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one, careful depiction of struggle,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I know that feeling man. makes you want to fly :)

    P.S. Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak up...