Monday, May 25, 2009

Aila! Its Aila

It has been raining constantly since dawn and its due to a storm named "Aila". At around 11 a friend and I went to a railway station named Shalimar near our house to enjoy the rain. Big mistake! The station is close to the river Ganges and has lots of open spaces, so the wind speed there was more. At first it was just gusts of wind. And then we decided to walk out the overhead shade. And that's when the wind picked up, the raindrops felt like needles on my skin. The water was almost flying horizontally at me. We were soon drenched. Then the wind continued to pick up further; throwing up water from puddles. A signboard on top of the station crashed against the floor, nearly hitting a man. We soon decided to head home, braving the wind and the prickling raindrops. The storm is still raging as I write. Schools have been called off and transport is blocked in Kolkata. Over 50 trees have been uprooted. Let's see how this turns out...

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like u had a hard time. I hope all's well now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one more thing, I like your proper use of English. I'm sure many will come and tell you, how you sound formal in your blogs, or still worse, boring. And then, what to do would be entirely upto you, but just remember, I liked your style of writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one more thing, I like your proper use of English. I'm sure many will come and tell you, how you sound formal in your blogs, or still worse, boring. And then, what to do would be entirely upto you, but just remember, I liked your style of writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak up...