Friday, June 4, 2010

The things that I want


Ok, so I haven’t posted in a while. I was actually trying to think of a good topic to write on, but I couldn’t find anything. I kept thinking and thinking. But I realised that trying to think of something interesting wasn’t going to help. I just had to let the interesting things happen. And that’s what I’m doing right now.

But I had also wanted to share something with you for a while, and it is a list of dreams, or goals that I have in life. And these aren’t the usual goals, like getting a good job, finding the right partner or those kinds of things. These are little things that I saw here and there and they affected me so much, that I want to do them at least once in my life. So here goes, who knows, maybe you’ll find something that catches your fancy among my fancies.

Sleeping on the street: Yes, I have to try this once; a street, a park bench, whatever, I just want the feeling of sleeping on a hard surface with no roof over my head.
Having a library in my house: I want an entire library; a room, filled from top to bottom with books, books and more books. I want all types, all languages, old, new, ones with the ancient elegant covers, and ones with the new snazzy artwork. And I want a classic writing desk with a table lamp on it.
Fountain pens: These are a huge fetish for me. I’m going to buy a fountain pen with the first salary I get, and I want an entire collection of them, from Waterman to Mont Blanc. And yes, I also want one of those really old pens, the ones you dipped in ink, wrote and again dipped in ink. And I also want to write a story with those feathers that people used to write with.
Owning a gun: Call it paranoid, macho or whatever; I don’t care. I want a gun.
Sitting in a London coffee house with a cup of coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other:  I don’t smoke, but for this goal, I’m willing to. To get a better idea of what I mean, check here. I got this goal from this picture.
Surviving alone in a harsh environment: I want to try my survival tactics first hand and try to survive in a harsh location with only the bare necessities.
Work for National Geographic: This speaks for itself. Also I’m really interested in doing something for wildlife.
Travel: A lot, anywhere and everywhere, hotspots to remote islands. I want to say ‘been there, done that’ and mean it.
Have a conversation over coffee: something like a coffee date, where you see two people with cups of coffee in front of them, and they are sitting in a quaint coffee shop, and its cold outside, or snowing, and they are wearing nice woolens and just talking.
PS: I am working on an Indian version of the coffee date; I’ll let you know if it turns out to be successful.
Living for one full year in a cold country: Just so I can experience the entire seasonal cycle.
Stand on the edge of a mountain road while is raining, just a drizzle: And with steam blowing out of my mouth, and my jacket flapping in the wind.
Well, this is part one, and this list is by no means complete.  I’ll let you know what else I decide to achieve as I move along.
Let me know what your goals are. Maybe we can achieve them together.
Cheers!



4 comments:

  1. I never thought about these things but since you mentioned it.. i TOO want to do it!!
    Like travelling the world,working for national geography,living in a cold country...and Fountain pens,ofcourse!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. library is one thing that i wanted ever since i started reading..travel to anywhere for sure..but this beats everything else for me...quoting you "Stand on the edge of a mountain road while is raining, just a drizzle: And with steam blowing out of my mouth, and my jacket flapping in the wind."..as they there are somethings that money cant buy...priceless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ TBP

    I'm glad some of our goals match

    @Poulomi

    Hmm, got lots of dreams like that. Will share more in another post

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice list. I would love to do many things on it too! And I might stea .. um .. borrow the idea for my next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up...