Saturday, March 20, 2010

Coming back from college...

Crowds. An endless, faceless stream of people pouring out from every corner. Tall, short, dark, fair, rich, poor, young, old. Alone, couples, groups. All of them with stories to tell and not enough people to hear them.
Dirt, dust, smoke, and endless patches of grey all around, all consuming. Noise, horns, brakes, shouts, engines, police whistles. Plush buildings, dark corners, broken houses. Fancy coats, t shirts, rags. Heat, sweat, flared tempers, dry throats, search for cool comforts.

The signal turns green and the buses rush in, hungry for passengers, rolling on endlessly. I look up at the sky. I hope for rain. The clear blue cloudless sky looks down at me. Wiping the sweat of my forehead, I climb on one of the buses and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up...